• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,204 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Nicholas has a question: Dell laptop won't stop beeping on power up what is causing it?

On boot up it says no signal on the monitor and I get no image. Also my tower beeps repeatedly and doesn't stop until I power down. I know all cords and everything are hooked up properly. This is strange because this has happened before and it's gone away after a day or so and I could use the computer. Now it's been a week and it's still doing the same thing. As shown in the video the beeping Noice, the tower with power and no signal on the monitor

Our Answer:
First of all you should take note of the beep sequence. It can be a rather serious hardware failure or just a problem with your keyboard.
Some computers won't even let you to access BIOS if the keyboard is disconneced or bad. Actually, I would check if the keyboard is properly connected and check with some other keyboard or test the keyboard on another computer..
Codes are not the same for all Dell models, so go to this webpage, find your model and try interpret the code

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN293445/en

Depending on the failure, maybe can help you to solve the problem but first of all you should diagnose it

The final note: We got no further backfeed from Nicholas, not even the thanks for answering him...

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:12 AM

Laptops are no fun in fixing. Very few spare parts to test with.