10 replies to this topic

#1 DaScud

vip

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:38 PM

Mixed Martial Arts.

Im mainly into Pride Fighting Championship held in Japan (Fights take place in a Big Boxing Style Ring)
Posted Image
www.pridefc.com

UFC held in the USA (Ultimate Fighting Championship) is pretty cool too (Fights take place in an Octagon Cage)
Posted Image

www.ufc.tv

Want a taster?

Here is an old-ish clip from the UFC with Brad Kohler handing out a huge 1 Punch K.O.
http://media1.yourdailymedia.com/files/J1fEnaJuxNBZ.wmv

And Here is the current Pride Heavyweight Champion Fedor Immelieneko in a recent Pride FC fight against the much bigger Zuluzhinio from Brasil.
http://www.flipsided.com/content/upload/wmv/444-408lbs-vs-233lbs-fight.wmv

I hope to meet Fedor at the Cage Rage tournament later next month where he'll be signing autographs there.
Here is details of that event:
http://www.cagerage.tv/events.htm

Posted Image

#2 cityofgod

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Bikes and more Bike. I ride a Aprilia RSV

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:53 PM

Big Article in the Mail paper today about all this style of fighting. They were calling for it to be banned. I believe some competions have already been banned in the US
CoG

Posted Image

aka City of God

#3 Evo

VIP

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

nice DaScud!!! i was checking out the site they have girl prides too!!
this is a really cool post cause i like this stuff just never found time to actually get into it!!
so thanks bro!!

Posted Image

#4 DaScud

vip

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

Big Article in the Mail paper today about all this style of fighting. They were calling for it to be banned. I believe some competions have already been banned in the US

Yeah, the general press reall p^ss me off. It was in the Star last week and the article had 4 so called facts completely wrong.

Here is a fact:
Number of serious injurys/fatalities in Boxing = over 2000

Number of serious injurys/fatalities in MMA = 1 (in an unsanctioned fight in Russia)

Now, which sport do you reckon should be banned?

MMA involves a lot of skill, a lot more skill than boxing, hence the fact that when a boxer trys his hand in MMA, nearly always he loses.

nice DaScud!!! i was checking out the site they have girl prides too!!
this is a really cool post cause i like this stuff just never found time to actually get into it!!
so thanks bro!!

No worries dude :lol:
Posted Image

#5 cityofgod

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Bikes and more Bike. I ride a Aprilia RSV

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

yeah I agree.
not my cuppa tea, but doesn't look any worse than any other full contact sport. Still gotta be safer than being a bloody race horse in last few days
CoG

Posted Image

aka City of God

#6 Scr3wy

ViiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiP

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

I actually have 1 or 2 full clips of UFC...and i think these guys are really really hardcore....they can kick the living c**p outa any professional boxers and WWE wrestlers!!!!

Personally...i think these athletes are more professional than what you see of wrestling and boxing and they show good sportmanship when they either win or lose!!!!

Thanks DaS good post....and you are not mad at all!!! LOL

Posted Image

#7 DaScud

vip

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:16 AM

UPDATE:

OK guys, I got to meet Fedor the other Saturday at Cage Rage and gotta say - he was a complete gentleman. Signed autographs for everyone and had pics taken with fans. Also the event was awesome.

sorry about the blurry face guys, but this is a kinda Warez site after all ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 phoenixuprising

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

thats awesome dude, bet ya had a great time there! You didn't leave with a few bruises did ya? lol

Posted Image

#9 DaScud

vip

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

thats awesome dude, bet ya had a great time there! You didn't leave with a few bruises did ya? lol

No dude...... it was all good. Did have ringside seats though. The missus treated me and her as a birthday prezzie for me. Seats were £100 each :P
Posted Image

#10 GOT GAME

• 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:14 AM

so im i,sunday night is pride fighting there is 11 fights on the card. Not like ufc they will have 10 fights and only show 6 or 7 when u payed to watch all of them on ppv. Im looking forward to seeing wanderlay silva kick some sirius a@@ post u after the pride and let u know my fellings on the fights. ;) : :LSCrules.gif:

#11 DaScud

vip

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

so im i,sunday night is pride fighting there is 11 fights on the card. Not like ufc they will have 10 fights and only show 6 or 7 when u payed to watch all of them on ppv. Im looking forward to seeing wanderlay silva kick some sirius a@@ post u after the pride and let u know my fellings on the fights. :) : :LSCrules.gif:

NO DUDE - DONT! You'll spoil it for me!

Here in the UK, we dont get the PPV so I get the DVD of it usually a few days after.

Give it til next weekend, then post your thoughts LOL :)
Posted Image