1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,153 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:02 AM

Can you help with Libre Office?
I'm using calc spreadsheet. I just typed 107 headings into Row 1, of course each heading is in a separate column which is how spreadsheets work. Well for some reason I can not get the row to put my list into alphabetical order. Is this function only supposed to work on columns? Am I going to have to type the list into a column sort ascending and then retype the headings working off of the now alphabetized list? There has to be a simpler way.
Our Answer

I'm using version 5.0.2.2.. Maybe yours is more recent but the procedure should be the same.
Select your row - should be the first row fro A1 to CV (more or less, if I counted correctly)
Go to menu buttons, find the SORT option. It should be a button with two arrows, (downward/upwrd)
Press the button, you'll open a window with two tabs, the second one is Options
Select tab Options
You have several options; select the last one, Direction
Select left to rignt (sort by rows)
Now press the menu button "ascending" and it will sort the data, the headers in your row in ascending order, from left to right

A tip: Even if "menu buttons" might be different, conceptually Libre Office is HIGHLY compatible with Ms Office so you can follow any MS Office tutorial to get help.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

Nice.