• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38,584 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

My Windows 10 is automatically updating itself, I checked the settings but could not find any option to switch it off. What should I do?
Even if I wait till its done, after that will it start updating again?
Our Answer
A commonplace complaint against Windows 10 is that it is always updating itself, using literally gigabytes of data; users with slow connection find this rather intolearble. You can stop permanent updating of Windows 10 by disabling the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

The problem with Windows 10 is that it is designed to be perpetually updated. According to "insiders" there will be no more new versions, no Windows 11, etc, just a "perpetually" updated polimorphic Windows  So, the intermediate solution is to enable it once a week to update all it wants and then disable again.

The good news is that according to latest Micro$oft update politics is that they'll provide cumulative updates. The low side of this is that you can't select those updates you want and those you don't

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,820 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Noodle.