2 replies to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,557 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

Trevor asking for an advice
So, I'm looking for a router for our 2 story house. We currently have a router that we bought many years back for less than $50 and well. We have been using data for the past year now because our wifi no longer works at all. We concluded it was our router giving us issues as we contacted AT&T (our service provider) and everything was good on their line. I doubt it's our modem as well as I know that doesn't have to much to do with connection speed compared to the router.

Bellow is the router I was looking at getting... Would this be a good choice for a family who uses the Internet every second of the day?

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/6393665304953236204?client=safari&hl=en&q=fastest+routers&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX_Jp4iGf4tPPyhjpODyA69402IHJFuC-sbKVs3EcDNiYvR7nTJ2kV51AvRUX8guYxtY0PdK6jZjoEcjkbaOwCVh4iFSRX7vnQmGiaSJCen7Jc1juThIZAFPVH708XnSs7OAiVDj-OQcisfgr1w0ziA&ved=0CA0Q4SsoAQ&ei=Sqv_VM2mGsObNofDgPAL#specs

Oue answer:

1. The router you selected is exagerated for your home network. You can get an excellent TP-Link router in the 20 - 30 USD range. Look for it in any computer or discount store. I have at home one of these, used by at least 10 different devices
2. You can check if your modem works correctly connecting it directly to a computer through LAN port. All computers, desktops or laptops, have a LAN port.
3. If your current router presents some problem, you can take it to a computer repair service. I had recentlý a problem with my router and the only problem was the power transformer. The technician sold me a new one for 2 $ and didn't even charged anything for "repair" it.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,710 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

Often a newly updated driver will often cause a router not to work properly. Remove the router and and find any software that came with it and install it again. Also D-link has free service. Call them.

#3 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,557 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Often a newly updated driver will often cause a router not to work properly. Remove the router and and find any software that came with it and install it again. Also D-link has free service. Call them.

Thanks SC. I hadn't thought about drive+ issue.  As if fellow's old router is a D-Link, I don't know. He hasn't specified. Mine is actually a D-link, so it's good to remember.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png