Choosing a multimedia player used to be a real no-brainer. However, during recent times the raft of new features and updates added to classic media players like Winamp, Windows Media Player, and even iTunes have left the apps increasingly bloated. Far from being the slick, well-oiled machines they once were, these programs have been stuffed with so much that they are in danger of ending up like a sluggish, overweight athlete still holding on to past glories.
For those looking for a fresh alternative to these ballooning apps, The KMPlayer could be your ticket. The application has a small desktop footprint and its minimalist interface, somewhat akin to the original Winamp 5, means that access and playback are quick and hassle-free. Like Winamp, the interface is fully skinable, and there are some nice aesthetic touches, such as the changing of colour on the player with every new track. There are all sorts of options to help you p**p your player, such as visualizations, plug-ins and playback options, but the beauty of KMPlayer is that these are turned on at your request rather than being forced upon you at the outset.
The application handles both audio and video, and supports a wide range of different formats, meaning that once installed, you should never need to touch another player. Video playback is particularly impressive thanks to the range of processing tools available that allow you to sharpen, change picture properties, apply filters and even make video captures from within the program.
Recent changes in KMPlayer:
* URL redirect support.
* Change playList XP style.
* Open avi file in 0byte fix.
* mx audio file reposition support.
* mx audio file crash fix.
* error with zip file (when title include , it wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t play)
* Crash error with unsupported file.
* Error with mkv file (searching five sec. forward and backward)
* Not displayed subtitle in vista EVR.
* Codec update : libcodec.dll.
* Change default install language to English.
* Uninstaller is now English.
* ASK Toolbar installation added.
* Support madVR.
* Support flv (avc, aac codec).
* MediaInfo.dll (ver 0.7.21.0) patch.
* Possible to playback damaged file.
* Support album art(MP3 thumbnail).
OS requirements for KMPlayer:
* OS: Win2000/XP/2003/Vista/7