Photo

I have a Telstra prepaid WiFi when I put $ 30 i get 2gb data how many movies can I watch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,561 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

Kay asked: I have a Telstra prepaid wifi when I put $ 30 i get 2gb data how many movies can I watch or am I better downloading the movie? Thanks.

Our Answer:
Prepaid WiFi is mostly for RESTRICTED smartphone use; actually, I even feel to classify it as a kind of a "scam" of 4G ISP providers.
Just to document my affirmation, I use for my iPhone up to 50Gb monthly at home. Would ruin me if I should use prepaid wifi.
How many movies online can you watch for 2 Gb? Probably the halftime of one. Just ONE 720p youtube quality movie might use up to 700 Mb. A good DVD, from 2 - 4 Gb. So you might invest better your 30$ going out to a conventional movie.

Get an unlimited internet service for your home, install a home network with a router-modem for all your computers and mobile devices you migth have as smartphones, tablets, blu-ray player, iPod or you 5th generation washing machine - and DOWNLOAD or STREAM without prepaid restriction.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,710 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:19 AM

A wise decision. But $50 in the US won't cover all inclusive in my area.