Photo

Looking for an easy to use DVD Creator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cheron

• 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hi folks,
A friend of mine is just now getting into computers. So, I'm looking for an easy to use DVD creator to burn movies for someone with little to no PC experience.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cheron

#2 room460z

Master Jokesman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts
  • Interests:Guess....

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I know how you feel. DVD's seem to be more complex than they should be and are certainly more complex than CD's what with extra menus and stuff.

I got a copy of Roxio Creator DE with my Dell laptop (DE = dell edition), and it works well, but is the cut down version of the software and very limited with far fewer options and none of the nice customized stuff (own pictures for DVD menu backgrounds etc) that some packages offer. That kind of thing might be what a beginner needs... If you have a Dell, I suggest downloading it frrom the Dell support site, but note that it does look at the BIOS and won't run on anything other than a Dell machine :(

Nero Burning used to be widely available on the Warez scene but that might have changed recently now that we saw one or two of the big file servers go away.

Noodle posted a link recently in the Applications for Windows area here to some interesting software but I suspect it might be overkill for a beginner. There is also a link in the apps section from mrcrabs to a copy of Roxio 2012 (full version), but I have not tried it, so can't say how good (or not) that release is.

#3 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,561 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Do you mean burn his own productions or copy movies.

To copy movies like rentals you can't get any easier than DVDFAB.

To create your own movies I would suggest Windows DVD Maker. Drag and drop. But since it comes with the windows & software it should be easy to find documentation and help.