• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lochy04

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

Aww come on guys and dolls....surely you have some hobbies that you can share with us all, regardless of what they may be.....maybe you collect strange/ unusual objects, enjoy a favourite pastime.....come on and lets hear it...who knows where it may lead to :)

Posted Image
Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
If you can't read this, you're illiterate.

#2 Bones

Master PostMan

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,647 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

Being a retired builder I just love making small objects in the workshop.Coffee tables, Dart board cabnits, jewerly box's, spice rack cabnits ect. Have a friend who is a fencer who drops of all the timber fences I then dress up most of the timer some of the hardwood is 40 years old great Aussie hardwood. Have all the power tools one could want so I go in there with my puppy (3 year old American Pitbull) and just get so involved nothing else matters.
Have also written a very detailed book on the ship Dad served on in WW2 was never a best seller but really enjoyed it.
Cheers
Bones

Posted Image

#3 lochy04

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

Thanks Bones....it seems like you get alot of enjoyment out of what you make.... i gather you sell the items once finished.

Hubby hates working with wood....when we first bought our house he did most of the work himself.........heput wooden slats (halfway up the walls) up the stairs and kept cursing everytime he went

wrong :whistling:

He did however manage to build me a rabbit run and a good job he made too.......he has also done some decking all the way down the garden but actually building cabinets and the like i guess that would be a no-no.

I must admit tho i built myself a bird table once....wasn't brill but did the job.....i also used to have a go at making bird boxes when i used to breed chipmunks....again they did the job.

You say your Dad was in WW2 on a ship....what did he do? I have an interest as my grandad was also in WW2 and he worked at Bletchley Park over here in England and was part of the codebreakers....his main job tho was making sure that all of the machines were kept running smoothly and repairing them to enable the breaking of the codes, he was a great electrician and when we took him to Bletchley Park in Sept he even helped with the Bombe (a reconstructed one) as the guys that set it up were having probs with the running of it. He was sure in his element there. It amazes me that he can remember all sorts of things back then and how to rectify any probs with the machines....he is now 83 and has parkinsons.

Would love to know more about what your dad did.......hope you can share some info with us

Thanks alot Bones

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

#4 Kyra

Working Hard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

My hobby is my dogs. I breed and show Tibetan Spaniels.

They are all as spoilt as they would be if they were my kids, i have 6 because when i breed them, i have people wanting to purchase them, but can i part with the???? No way!!!!!

The little one in my avatar had puppies last year, of which we still have 3 ...lol
"It's nice to be important.
But it's more important to be nice."

#5 Wait_N_C

VIP

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

My hobby is my dogs. I breed and show Tibetan Spaniels.

They are all as spoilt as they would be if they were my kids, i have 6 because when i breed them, i have people wanting to purchase them, but can i part with the???? No way!!!!!

The little one in my avatar had puppies last year, of which we still have 3 ...lol

ahaha i understand what you mean, i would never be able to sell them off either, hence why i dont bother breeding my dog, would get to attached, not a good idea especially as im running out of backyard space :P
Posted Image

#6 lochy04

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hi Kyra

Many thanks for sharing your hobby with us.

Have you won any prizes at all when you have shown your dogs? Do you enter big shows or just smaller ones?

I love dogs and we have a schnauzer/collie who is absolutely batty but will post more on that soon.

Do you have any other pictures to share at all? The dog you are showing on your avatar is so adorable, it must be them eyes, shes an absolute cutie!!! :P

Posted Image

#7 ScotlPlay

Has A Home

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

My hobby is Football (soccer) I suport my team week in and week out
i also collect old football books and pictures and i have some really old football kits from Rangers and Scotland that i will let my kids sell when they are older.

AT THE END OF IT ALL YOUR LIFE WILL BE MEASURED BY WHAT YOU DID FOR OTHERS

#8 lochy04

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:06 AM

Oh the joys of football!

I can't say that I support any teams as such but like to know how Celtic are doing.

Coming from Leicester I follow them, not that they are doing any good in the league!

Living in Derby now, I show a little interest in Derby as hubby supports them, which can be a bummer if Leicester are playing against Derby, as we tend to go to the game. Being surrounded by Derby fans is such a pain as I cant really egg Leicester on (last game tho Leicester lost to them!)

I like to follow Chelsea too and our lad follows Arsenal.....can be fun at times in our house!

Not really collected a great deal from each team...only the odd programme or shirt.

Posted Image

#9 Kyra

Working Hard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi Kyra

Many thanks for sharing your hobby with us.

Have you won any prizes at all when you have shown your dogs? Do you enter big shows or just smaller ones?

I love dogs and we have a schnauzer/collie who is absolutely batty but will post more on that soon.

Do you have any other pictures to share at all? The dog you are showing on your avatar is so adorable, it must be them eyes, shes an absolute cutie!!! biggrin.gif

Sorry lochy, i didn't see this until today.The best pics i have are on my website, not sure if its okay to mention it here or not, i will put the link but if it is not allowed, feel free to delete it.

http://www.freewebs.com/jcastibbies/index.htm

I only go to the local shows, but we do okay. My male dog, "Kobi" who you will see on my site is now Australian Champion, and i am currently working with the babies, but we have behavioural problems often.

Tibetan Spaniels are really easy to train, just as long as you teach them something they want to learn on the day ...lol

Your dog must have a lovely temperament, as both collies and schnauzers are nice tempered dogs.
Let me know if it isn't right posting my web adress and i will post some pics, just that i chose my best ones for my site.
"It's nice to be important.
But it's more important to be nice."

#10 lochy04

Working Hard

• Private
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:25 AM

I would have thought that it would be ok to post a link....I will go have a a ganders at the piccies....maybe we could incorporate a sub-section in here for pictures of our pets, hobbies etc....will have a word.

Cheers for the reply and time for me to have a nosey :lol:

Posted Image