1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,561 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

A member is asking for help:

Help please! I don't know what to do with this?

I got this really old windows xp computer from my friend. When I turn it on it is messed up and won't start and I don't have the original xp disk but I do have a vista disk, So my question is How can I enter Cmd on start and If I can, Can I wipe the whole computer from there?

Our Answer
  • If you have the Windows Vista installation disk, you don't need to "wipe" your computer. Simply start up from the Installation disk and at some moment it will ask if you want to partition your Hard Drive and format it.
    Remember that you should setup BIOS for default start-up form CD-Rom (CD/DVD)
    You don't need repartition your Hard Disk, so just format it and then install Vista
    You may have some problem with drivers, check at control Panel's Hardware Administrator of Devices. Look for a Yellow question mark beside the device with driver problem.
    You can identify your devices using FREE SiSoftware Sandra Lite
    http://www.softpedia.../System/Syst...
    And search for driver
    If some driver is not available for Vista try to install the driver for XP or windows 2000 in compatibility mode.
    An advice: Vista is c**p. As simple as thet. Once you solved your problem and installed it, try to get Windows 7. If you could make work Vista, you'll have no problem to install it

• noodle likes this

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,710 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Thanks Noodle.