1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,585 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

Sam has a problem: Internet not working properly
everytime i click on something in a webpage, it will say webpage not found, then after a couple of minutes if i click the same link it will go to that link. this happens every single time i click on a link and on every browser i go to..it happens on one particular laptop as the problem doesnt occur on other laptops in the house. all laptops use the same router.So is there something wrong with the computer or is something wrong with the wireless usb stick i use to connect to the internet? it seems okay as the bars on the screen show that it is connected to the internet with a good signal strength. I havent installed anything new recently on the computer either and there were no viruses found when i did a computer scan plus this usb stick doesnt seem damaged or acting abnormal in anyway.problem seems to be the webpages immediately saying webpage not found without even sending any signal to the usb stick. it is belkin usb stick

Our Answer

I'm quite sure that nothing is wrong with your computer. Your problem is a defective USB WiFi adapter. Why and how? It happens. USB WiFi adapters are cheap consumibles. In any case, you should test the adapter on some other computer and if it presents the same problem, buy a new one. They are really cheap and readily available. If you find  that it does work correctly on another computer, feel free to update your question

PD: Got no update from this fellow so may we presume he found that USB adapter defective.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Always a possibility. :)