Photo

How can I convert an MS Word document to a format where I can move the positions of the pages?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noodle

Mister Danger

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37,204 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:29 AM

Silva has a question:

HELP!! How can I convert an MS Word document to a format where I can move the positions of the pages?

I need to create a document composed of three 11"x17" sheets copied on both sides and folded book style. (twelve 8 1/2" x 11"pages when it's completed). Currently my document is a twelve page MS Word document and because MS doesn't have any page objects, I am not able to rearrange the pages to the format I need. Help!!

Our answer:
To do this job using column printing format for MS Word should be quite tricky, May I say, it's not the proper application to do it as you probably already learned it.
If you want to print a 12 page booklet using 3 sheets, first sheet will have page 12 in column 1, page 1 in column 2; reverse 2 & 11, sheet 2, 10 & 3, rev 4 & 9 ; sheet 3, 8 & 5, rev 6 & 7 so the best application to get this result is MS Publisher,.with explicit function to triptych design or to make booklets; it lets you edit your documents for these formats, avoiding tricky manipulations of the printer. To use Publisher is quite easy. Some time ago I had to do a similar paper and produced a perfect result after first intent ever just following steps.
I understand you can download and use Publisher for 30 days befor activating it, though I'm not sure.
If you don't have Publisher you can print (or save as) your document to PDF and then manupulate the pages with a PDF Editor, using Extract - Insert - Delete pages, until you get the required page sequence..
Foxit PhantomPDF lets you extract and insert pages to get the sequence to the desired format.
You can get a 30 day full trial for Foxit from
https://www.foxitsof...com/pdf-editor/
You don't need to pay anythig for Foxit to use it on trial. If you don't buy it, after 30 days it will revert to a Free version, similar to Foxit Reader.

Please remember to thank for topics you view. A nice Thank You is always welcome
Jy2vV9.png

#2 SouthernComfort

Free Spirit

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:59 AM

She could have also set the printer properties. Under page setup, page layout has a function called page layout printing. With this feture you can tell it how many pages go on a single sheet of paper.